The Top 5 Mistakes Every Entrepreneur MakesApril 15, 2016
3 Ways to Grow Organically on FacebookApril 22, 2016
We have all heard it before. Do what you love. It’s easy to go to work when you are feeding your passion. What if you want to do what you love and you want to pursue your passion but you don’t know exactly how to go about finding your passion?
Following these tips will help you find your passion and start to pursue it.
- Go back to your childhood: Think back to when you were a child. What did you like to do? What were you good at? What did you do day in day out and not get bored with? Don’t filter the thoughts, let them flow. Think about the things you do for fun now. Are they linked to anything you used to do in the past? Write all these things down, these things are part of your passion.
- Find your skills: Think about what you bring to the table today. What life experiences do you have that have led you to this moment right now? Do you have any unique talents? Think about all the things have happened to you in your life. Some may be great, some may be horrible, but everything that you have been though have taught you something. What has life taught you? Use everything to your advantage. Write it down. These are your skills.
- Emulate people: Find the people that are doing what you would like to do. When you look at someone and think, I want to do what they do, or I want to be him/her. Find out how that person got started and what steps they took to be where they are today. If they are famous, Google them and see if they you can find they steps they took to get where they are. If you know them, talk to them. People love talking about themselves and telling how they got where they are today.
- Play with Google: When you find things you like to do, google them to see if there is a job that pops up with everything you wrote down. It’s worth a try. Find out what job may be out there that encompasses some or most of your list and focus on what it takes to do that job. Or create your own unique niche and fill a need that needs to be filled.
- Focus on the positive: Dispel the thoughts of “no I can’t” and “this won’t pay” The people who are pursuing their passion will tell you that they believed in their dream, believed in their vision so much that they found a way. Unexpected things happen when we believe they will happen. If you’re climbing a narrow bridge over a deep ravine, just keep putting one foot in front of the other and if you don’t look down. Keep looking at your goal of crossing the ravine, and before you know it you will be to the other side.
- Picture yourself successful: Surround yourself with things you are passionate about. Make a vision board by cutting out pictures of things you like and want to do and put them all in one place. Look at the board at least once a day. Think about the things on the board like you are already doing them. This will help you keep focused on the things you are passionate about and aim towards what you want to do.